OSHA relies on industry standards for evaluating safety compliance. ANSI standards
say how to communicate safely information with signs. RFSigns.com signs are carefully
designed to be compliant with these standards. Sign formats and colors are correct.
- Standards Compliance:
- RF Signs are designed to conform with:
- – ANSI Standard Z535.1-1998
Safety Color Code
- – ANSI Standard Z535.2-1998
Environmental and Facility Safety Signs
- – ANSI / IEEE Standard C95.2-1999
IEEE Standard for Radio-Frequency Energy and
Just for fun, here is a mock safety sign with all of the features:
Signal-Word Color Panel
- Do your signs have a Signal-Word in a color band across the top?
RFSigns uses ANSI Standard Z535.1-1998 'Safety Red' for the background
color of the signal word on DANGER signs indicating an imminently
RFSigns uses ANSI Standard Z535.1-1998 'Safety Orange' for the background
color of the signal word on WARNING signs indicating a potentially
RFSigns uses ANSI Standard Z535.1-1998 'Safety Yellow' for the
background color of the signal word on CAUTION signs indicating
a potentially hazardous situation.
RFSigns uses ANSI Standard Z535.1-1998 'Safety Blue' for the
background color of the signal word on NOTICE signs indicating
a statement of company policy.
ANSI Standard Formatting
- Do your signs have ANSI formatting for safety signs?
- RFSigns complies with ANSI Standard Z535.2-1998 Three-Panel Sign Format.
- 1) Color Signal Word Panel
- 2) Safety Symbol Panel
- 3) Message Panel
Message Panel with 3 Key Facts
- Do your signs have a MESSAGE PANEL addressing the following
three key safety facts?
- 1) What is the hazard?
- 2) What is the potential consequence of the hazard?
- 3) What action to take to avoid the hazard?
- Do your signs use symbols that clearly convey a specific alerting message?
- Are your signs durable?
RFSigns are .040” aluminum signs with white background finish on front
and back. Outdoor inks are further protected with a UV coating to ensure
a long life under extreme conditions.
- Are your signs big enough?
According to ANSI standards:
Our 14” wide x 10” tall English signs are officially
suitable for reading at a safe viewing distance of up to 20
Our 10” wide x 14” tall Bilingual signs are officially
suitable for reading at a safe viewing distance of up to 15
- RFSigns have pre-drilled holes in all 4 radius corners.
- One year 100% satisfaction guarantee. Return the
sign for product replacement or money back. (Contact RFSigns.com for return authorization.)
Click here to read more about signs and standards.